Sallie at Sallie’s Greatest not only makes delicious herbal jams (I once went through an entire jar of the blueberry + lime in one day…) but she also has incredible recipes to use the jams with! Below are a few of my personal favorite, enjoy!
Key Lime Pie served with Blueberry + Lime Jam
5 egg yolks, beaten
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup key lime juice
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well. Pour into unbaked graham cracker shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Top with a tablespoon of Sallie’s Greatest Blueberry + Lime Jam. Garnish with lime slice and or whipped topping if desired.
Fig Sweet Onion Rosemary Brie Panini with Prosciutto
- 2 slices of hearty whole wheat bread or bun
- 2 figs sliced
- 4 ounces brie sliced
- 1 TSB Fig Sweet Onion + Rosemary Jam
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1. Assemble the sandwich with the above ingredients and brush both sides of bread with olive oil.
- 2. Grill until the brie is melted and the bread is golden brown. Cut in half and serve immediately.
Strawberry Trifle from Sallie’s Greatest Jams
- 1 pound cake
- 1 (12 oz.) frozen whipped topping
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries thawed
- 1 jar Sallie’s Strawberry & Basil Jam
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (3.4 oz.)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- garnish: toasted slivered almonds & shaved chocolate
In a medium bowl, fold sour cream and unprepared instant pudding mix into the whipped topping. Line the bowl with Strawberries. Cube cake and layer a Trifle or other glass serving bowl with 1/3 of the cake. Spread with jam and top with a layer of fruit and 1/3 of the whipped topping mixture. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used. Garnish with strawberries, shaved chocolate and toasted slivered almonds. Best when refrigerated for at least 8 hours